Harold Kept many of his photos on sites which no longer exist.
|Metra 127 GM EMD F40PH diesel-electric locomotive "City of Glenview" loads passengers on Station Track 2 for its return trip to Chicago on a 20th Century Limited charter. A North Shore two-car interurban unloads on Station Track 1. The Depot on the rightwas originally built in nearby Marengo in 1851.|
METX 127, East Union, METX, GM EMD F40PH, Metra locomotives, Locomotives, Places, photographed on 16 May 1998 at Illinois Railway Museum (East Union) by Harold A. Driscoll using a Sony Mavica MVC-FD7 digital camera [irm/1998/05/98516d24.jpg] NEW 25 January 2000
|Previous 6 / 84|
|Next 8 / 84|
Metra numbers 100-127 were built by General Motors Electromotive Division for EMD order number 766062 in 1977, EMD model F40PH. Metra assigned them to the Rock Island, Milwaukee, and miscelaneous} lines. [Courtesy of Metra Railfan Page]
METX 127, model F40PH, built December 1977, builder number 766062-28, named "Village of Glenview," assigned to Metra/Milwuakee District. [courtesy of Metra Locomotive Information, by Mike Azen, February 2000]
METX 127 is a 3,200 horsepower model F40PH-2, built in 1977 by General Motors Electro Motive Division. [courtesy of The Official Locomotive Rosters & News, James W. Kerr, 2000 edition, ISBN 0-919295-32-0, August 1999]
Equipment characteristics of METX 127: AAR car type D215 (locomotive), plate type E, external dimensions (length 56' 2", width 10' 8", height 15' 8"). [courtesy of BNSF Equiptment Characteristics, October 1999]
Chicago Rail Photographs collection updated 11 June 2020 at 00:47. Photographs and text copyright © 1998-2000 Harold A. Driscoll, All Rights Reserved. Email address is provided exclusively for personal contact, but emphatically not for use for SPAM net.abuse.